Buying a Business
Buy with confidence, we’ve got your back!
It’s vitally important to work closely with buyers in order to insure an orderly transition of a business.
All potential buyers will need to sign a Confidentiality Agreement before learning the wide array of specific details regarding a business for sale.
- Business Summary Information — Each business listed for sale will have a detailed marketing proposal available for review, which will provide a descriptive narrative of the business operations as well as financial information.
- Seller’s Discretionary Cash Flow Analysis — HBG will assist the buyer in understanding the amount of cash flow generated from the subject business, which will be available for the new owner to draw his personal compensation, and also from which to service any debt incurred during the acquisition process. All financial information prepared is based on filed tax returns, which will be made available for a buyer’s review at the appropriate time during the process.
- Financing Assistance — HBG has contacts with numerous financial institutions accustomed to lending for business acquisitions. HBG can assist a buyer in finding the right lender as well as developing the business plan necessary to achieve optimal financing structure and terms.
- Professional Assistance — HBG has good relationship with various law firms, accounting/CPA firms and financial advisors. We recommend that all buyers seek independent advice from professionals to assist them during the buying process.
- Buyer Representation — HBG represents the Seller in the majority of the business sales, however, we can also offer representation to buyers that may have a desire to enter an industry or to purchase a specific business. Target searches for companies that fit the buyer’s criteria can be made to maintain the confidentiality of the proposed transaction.